04:00 – Creating a gun
10:15 – Animations
16:52 – Camera Position
18:22 – Firearm modules
30:50 – Gun Feel
34:57 – Finishing Touches
This video runs through the process of adding a new gun to NeoFPS, using the AK47 from David Stenfors’ Low Poly FPS Pack free sample as an example.
This is the first in a 3 part series. The second on adding the new firearm and its ammo the inventory system can be found here, while the third on creating ammo and firearm pickups can be found here.
In this video you will learn how to:
- Create and set up a new gun object
- Set up the animator controller to work with NeoFPS
- Position a gun relative to the camera
- Add firearm modules to define how the gun behaves
- Tweak the recoil and handling to achieve a specific gun feel
NeoFPS (v1.0.05+): Purchase on the Asset Store
Low Poly FPS Pack – Free (Sample): Get it free on the Asset Store
You can also check out more assets by the creator of the Low Poly FPS Pack here.